Monday, August 27, 2012

Skinny Rules



The Skinny Rules: The Simple, Nonnegotiable Principles for Getting to Thin

I got this book from the library, expecting it to be a quick read and that I'd get maybe a recipe or two and a couple good tips out of this book. Thats the way it usually works with health and diet books right? Or maybe thats just me. His "skinny rules" are mostly common sense but its not the things you really think about while you are filling up your plate with piles of crappy food. Thats why America is fat. The majority of us know what we should be doing but we aren't doing it. Bob Harper's book is a good reminder and I have not had one dud recipe yet. My favorite are the meatballs and was pleasantly surprised to find out that the ground turkey in them didn't taste bad at all. I've always shied away from ground turkey or chicken because it kinda creeps me out that they are the "wrong" color when cooked but these meatballs have led me to try more recipes using the ground turkey and chicken. 

I returned the book to the library and ended up buying myself a copy because I really enjoyed it and wanted to have easier access to the recipes it contained. If you need a little kick start in your diet or just want some confirmation about what you should be doing this is a great book for you.


Purchase it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...