Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Why not gay marriages?



I wonder later when we look back at things like North Carolina voting to ban gay marriages, if we will see it the same way as the South did back earlier during the fight for Civil Rights? As I get older, I don't understand why its such a big deal. I grew up in a Christian home, where being gay was WRONG but as an adult, I disagree with the way that our country has handled this topic.

Even IF you think its wrong, its not OUR place to judge and I guarantee there are plenty of heterosexual couples doing much more freaky stuff behind closed doors than some homosexual couples. I think its more important to be kind and to accept people for who they are at heart, not by their lifestyle if it doesn't affect me. What I DO agree with is that if two consenting adults love each other and want to start a family then they should be able to do what makes them happy, just like the rest of us. I also agree with the fact that in times of an emergency the person's partner should be able to be in the room, visit or make medical decisions if thats what the two of them want. It makes me sad to know that there are men and women out there who did not get a chance to say goodbye their family member because hospital rules allowed for family only. That just seems wrong that people have not been able to say goodbye or provide comfort to the person they love. We shouldn't be treating people that way, even if you think what they are doing is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...