Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I Just Can't Quit You Grisham

You know in Brokeback Mountain the line where one man says "I wish I knew how to quit you"? Well, thats how I feel about John Grisham books. I used to LOVE when a new Grisham book would come out, it always seemed to be around Valentines' Day or Easter and I'd beg my dad to give me a copy so I could read it first and then give to him. Now, when I go to the store and see a new Grisham book is out I go through a whole conversation about the merits of reading it or not, all in my head and I usually end up deciding that yes, I will read it but I might not purchase that $24 hard cover. Things are getting more predictable and although I love the topic of the law, its getting to the point where I kind of know what the struggle will be and how its going to be resolved. Still, I read this new one and I'll probably read the next one too.

So, reading the last Grisham book, The Litigators got me into a sort of reading rut. I felt like it started a little slow but once I got to more interesting parts of the story it picked up. In this story they focus on a low level attorney at a ginormous firm making a ton of money but decided that the stress from the workload was too much and he ended up walking away from it all and ended up on the steps of a law firm well known for their ambulance chasing. I think we all have fantasies of walking away from the ho hum, menial tasks from every day life.

I say go ahead and read this story if you have liked Grisham for a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...