Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Little Help From Above

This post brought to you by Walgreens. All opinions are 100% mine.


Before I got my current job I was a semi-broke single mom putting herself through school penny by penny. During that time between my divorce and when I got my job, I was another American living without healthcare. Now that our country is in a recession, sadly, there are many more people trying to make ends meet and for many there is simply not enough left over to pay for the high cost of private medical insurance. I got sick a few times during those 3 years I didn’t have insurance and let me tell you, the amount I paid out of pocket for prescriptions and antibiotics disgusts me. Luckily now there are other options to help bring the cost down.
Walgreens has a new program called the Prescription Savings Club and it allows you to purchase a yearly membership (single or family) which will cut the cost of your prescriptions dramatically. For only $35 for a family and $20 for an individual you can get discounts on all your prescriptions for the year. The best thing is that it even covers your pets, isn’t that crazy? Very cool though, pets are costly.
Membership gets you discounts on over 8,000 medications but also includes discounts on flu shots, pet prescriptions, nebulizers and various diabetic supplies. If your funds are tight, you are unemployed or just under insured the amount of money you can save having this option can be a major blessing. I know that when I was uninsured I didn’t have extra money to pay out of pocket for a lot of things and if I had been diabetic I know that I would not have been able to afford any of those supplies. We take that stuff for granted but really, that stuff adds up for those who need it. Thankfully, they now have this opportunity to have a little help.
To find out more about this program there are a couple of ways you can get more information. Follow them on Walgreens on Twitter and check out their Walgreens on Facebook page or go to the Prescription Savings Club at Walgreens
Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...