Wednesday, February 22, 2012

20 Years Ago

I saw an article on People.com about Kristi Yamaguchi who is celebrating the 20th anniversary of winning her Olympic Gold in Albertville, France and I can't believe that was 20 years ago! Now she's 40 and married with two kids. Where the heck did time go? I NEVER would have guessed that was 20 years ago!


Just for fun I looked up other major events from 1992 and was surprised most of these events were 20 years ago too. Here are some of my favorites:

  • Mall of America was constructed, all 78 acres
  • Hurricane Andrew hits the Homestead, FL area. Which, by the way, sometimes I travel through there for work, some of that area STILL shows where the hurricane hit! You can see where trees are permanently growing crooked because they were blown that direction in the wind. Also, both my sister in law and my next door neighbor lost 100% of their homes during that hurricane. Our neighbor had to have a survey done to see what land was his because there was nothing there, even the foundation of his home was gone!
  • President Clinton is elected
  • John Gotti gets life in prision
  • LA Riots--wow, was this really 20 years ago? I remember it was kinda scary not knowing whether or not the violence would spread to other parts of the country. 
  • Prince Charles and Princess Diana separate

  • Gas Price was $1.05 per gallon
  • Average income was $30,030
  • ATT released a video phone for $1499 (I didn't know that)
  • Microsoft Works was released
  • Nicotene patch was invented

1 comment:

  1. Since my daughter turns 19 on Monday - I have a slight appreciation of the time that has passed; but I would have never guessed it was 20 years since Kristi Yamaguchi won the Olympics. I still remember my brother (only slightly younger than me) thought she was h.o.t.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...