Tuesday, January 24, 2012

He Makes Me Happy When Skies Are Gray

This is Macaroni, aka Mac. He is our Maine Coon cat that we got last year and he is such a joy to have around the house. He has the best personality and is just fun. Of course, he is a boy and he is a year younger than the girl cats so he annoys them a bit but overall, he is a lot of fun.

I didn't know that this type of cat could "talk" to you until I read a little more about the breed. If you say his name, he'll make this cute little chirping noise and run over to wherever you are. I sneeze a lot and when I do he does this funny little chatter back at me. Not sure how to describe it but its almost the same noise the cats make when they see a bird outside. Its almost like a ca-ca-ca-ca-ca-ca sound, in rapid succession. He's not quite down with the rules of the house though which can be sorta funny if you catch him but also frustrating, if you catch him. Things like jumping up on the dresser (he steals my jewelry or cash up there) or the counter are big no-no's. The consequence is getting squirted with the squirt bottle (FUN!!!) and getting yelled at. If Mac gets in trouble its almost like he feels bad and wants forgiveness, he comes over and sits at my feet and cries. The other two cats give you a look like "screw you. Water will not deter me". Check out the pictures below using a super wide angle lens, just screwing around. Ignore me in a ponytail, I tried to stay out of the pictures but since it shoots in a complete 180 its a little hard to stay out of the frame!






2 comments:

  1. The pics are cool. I love Maine Coon cats. We used to have one and he was such a love bug. Now I have 2 cats that must be related to yours. I can't leave anything out or they steal it, never to be seen again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cute cat pictures! Your kitty is precious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...