Sunday, January 29, 2012

Books So Far

  1. Sister by Rosamund Lupton 6.5 out of 10 stars
    • Liked the book, nice writing and easy read. Without giving too much away, some of my friends were bothered by the ending. I didn't mind it so much. Its definitely not like a City of Angels ending, so I think you could read it without wanting to throw your book across the room.
  2. 11/22/63 by Stephen King 8 out of 10 stars
    • Ok, this book was really good, I really enjoyed the book. If you are a major fan of King's scary stories you probably won't like this book. Its not that type of story at all. This book is about a guy who has the ability to travel back in time and has the opportunity to stop the Kennedy assassination. I was not around when Kennedy was killed so part of what I liked was reading about Oswald and things from that era. Its a looooooong book but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
  3. Divergent by Veronica Roth 9 out of 10 stars
    • I LOVED this book! Its like a cross between The Hunger Games and The Giver and is set in a futuristic time. I love books about bad ass girls and part of me really likes the idea of having other people pick out your future. You know, sorta like its your destiny. People that know you well or know your strengths and weaknesses let that control what you do in life. Be your own person and own up to what YOU are good at doing. I'd love the idea of not wasting time waiting to declare your major, no more career changes because you feel unfulfilled. Don't worry, the book has nothing to do with college, just my little rant. I just like the idea of owning up to WHO you are and WHO you are supposed to be. In this book, Beatrice sorta goes against the grain in deciding WHO she is and WHO she is supposed to be. They take an apptitude test and then choose where they spend their future, even if its not with their friends or family. THAT sounds perfect, I would have loved that! Definitely read this book, there is another one coming out in May and I'll get that the day it comes out.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...