Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Wilder Life


I'll be honest, this was not my favorite book. I had a hard time getting into it. The writing was fine but I think I was just expecting a different sorta look at all things Little House. I know that there are huge inconsistencies in the tv show vs. the books but also vs. real life and I think that was part of the bummer feeling I got reading the book. I wanted to like the "real" story about Laura Ingalls Wilder and the "real" Rose Wilder (Laura's daughter) but I didn't come out feeling that way.

I still think I'd like to see some of that part of the country but I don't know that I'd go out there just to see it. I don't have that "ohhh I loooooove Little House books" anymore and I'm kinda ok with that. Nice stories that are that, stories. No more romantic, rose colored glasses sorta thoughts about them but they are still nice to read.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the books because I do have the "what would Ma do" syndrome and don't want to taint it. :) thanks for sharing. I do want to read the ones by Nellie Olson tho. I've heard it's great.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...