Thursday, December 29, 2011

Two Kisses for Maddy


I've been following Matt Logelin's blog for a few years now and have had the chance to read about his experience with the loss of his wife (27 hours after their daughter was born) and watch his daughter Maddy grow up. It was one of those blogs I found through a link, through another link, then another link and although the story is sad I'm glad that I have had the chance to read it. This book goes more into the story than his blog but you could easily pick up this book and love it without having read the blog at all but it is helpful to have had the back story on some of it.

Matt and his wife were around my age and I can't imagine how hard it must be to lose your wife at such a young age only 27 hours after the birth of your first child and then deal with coming home with a newborn without the help of your spouse. Like most men, Matt wasn't as well read on all the stuff that mom's typically read up on while pregnant so its pretty awesome how he was able to just step right in and be the mom and the dad. I'm sure my husband would have had a panic attack or two (or three, or four!).

The writing style on the blog is a lot different than in the book and it was probably the nicest surprise for me. On the blog the posts are long and not every day so he doesn't go into a lot of detail but the book explained a lot of things and gave me a better idea of his experience. I saw WHY he took certain trips and WHY certain landmarks/dates/events held such a deep meaning for him and his wife. I also learned more about their relationship and saw that they really did have a very deep connection. I wasn't sure if I'd like the book because of the detail given on the blog so getting some of the back story and delving deeper into his emotions was really interesting to read and made my heart go out to him even more. He's done a great job with a horrible set of circumstances and I am truly happy that he is doing so well. Go check out the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...