Thursday, December 29, 2011

Nothing but Happiness

Do you ever look forward a few years and wonder what your emotions will be when certain things happen? Today is one of those days for me and I am happy to report that my feelings are nothing but happiness. My ex husband and his wife had their first child today and I am genuinely happy for them. We divorced 9 years ago so its been a long time coming for this, he was always the type that I knew would remarry and have kids. I'm actually a little surprised it didn't happen earlier. My daughter is almost 11 and I know she is THRILLED to have a baby sister. I'm sure some of that will wear off when she's asked to change diapers and help but for now, she is very happy. I am happy for her and I am happy that her dad has successfully moved on. For awhile, I wasn't sure that was gonna happen. He was quite the butthead for about a year or so but we've gotten to a good place. Having another family has been a good distraction for him and he's much easier to deal with.

A long time ago I thought I might be jealous or sad when/if he got remarried and had other children but I'm very pleased to discover I don't have any inkling of those sort of feelings. I have been remarried almost 4 years now and for now am happy with having one kid. I'll be 34 next year so I'm not sure if my feelings will change but for now I am very content and that is the best feeling in the world!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I'm glad you're dealing with it well.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...