Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pre-ordering the new iPhone 4S

I am SO excited about getting my new phone later this week. I have a 3GS now but it is a little banged up. I dropped it the day after my birthday last month and still need to fix the glass so I can give it to my daughter to use as an iPod.

I decided this time to pre order the iPhone 4S even though I actually have the launch day, October 14th, off of work. I debated whether or not to go and wait at the Apple Store for the heck of it but in the end I decided not to do that because I'd have to take my kid with me and she'd probably be bored. Her complaining probably would have negated all the "OMG this is so exciting to wait with all these people" sorta vibes so this time pre ordering it was the way I was gonna go.

The next thing to debate about with myself was from which website I should pre order. I'd heard negative things about both Apple and AT&T about when you'd actually get the phone most said day before launch or if it meant that it mailed it on launch day.I set my alarm for 2:55 am so I'd be awake to order online at 3:01 our time, 12:01 Pacific. I'd settled for going through Apple because although I'm content with my AT&T service, their billing and online stuff is a pain in the ass. I went to Apple and tried to order for about 10 minutes and it just kept timing out. Ok, so on to 1800-MyApple and I got the "sorry we cannot take your request at this time" BS message. Final try was to AT&T.com and their website timed out too. Finally I said screw it and went back to bed. When I woke up at 5:30 to get ready for work I went to Apple.com to try again and Hallelujah! it worked without a hitch. Right now the website says "Delivering October 14th) so if thats the case it will be awesome! I'm just hoping to avoid them mailing it on the 14th because I won't get it for awhile. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...